Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday WOW–August 7

The summer is going fast.  The local schools start next week!  One of the ladies who comes to sew on Wednesdays is a teacher and today was her last day until next summer.  I’m sooo glad I don’t have kids in school anymore!  If I did, I would not be able to work on things like this:

P8070002a

This project continues to move along slowly.  I leave a trail of thread snips and paper shreds wherever I go these days!

P8070001a

I finished Princess Aurora of Sleeping Beauty today.  And I was able to get started on the next block.

P8070003a

One and a half eyes are done!  There are three sections for each eye – eyeball, lashes, and eyebrow.  Lots of seams on a teeny tiny piece!  If you are ambivalent about foundation paper piecing, these will drive you totally nuts!  I came close a few times today.  LOL!

But the eyes are what really makes these blocks worthwhile.  And, as I’ve mentioned before, once the eyes are done the rest goes together easily and quickly.  I’ve been told I have a lot of patience because I am making these. . . .

Being stubborn as a mule helps, too!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Stubborn and patient gets it done, huh?