So, I’ve been working – off and on – on completing some of the pieces from my Sunday experiments. Would you like to see?
I cut apart the piece from last Sunday that I stitched using my sewing machine’s pre-programmed designs. The fabric is somewhat more green than it looks in these photos and I used a “peacock” blue to frame the smaller squares.
I did some silk ribbon roses in one of the grid patterns. I recently learned a different way to stitch the roses and this gave me a chance to practice, practice, practice.
Still working with programmed stitches, the book suggested adding stitch to enhance a patterned fabric. I did a little bit of free-motion embroidery first and then used circles and leaves to make this piece. (Please forgive the poor quality photo. The sunlight emphasized every wrinkle and bump!)
You can see some of the stitching a tiny bit better here. The grape clusters use that dotted stitch you can see over on the left side. I would stitch four or five dots, then turn the fabric and stitch a few more. Voila . . . grapes!
I also did some hand quilting along the lines of the fabric print. This is the back and you can see what I mean. Although my hand quilting doesn’t look terrible, it sure is making my machine quilting look a lot better! LOL!
This one is from further back. The grid that was giving me so much trouble in sashiko stitching is coming along. I’m now working on horizontal lines and should finish shortly – if my thread holds out!
And for those who wanted to see jeans patched using this stitching, here you go! Sarge agreed to allowing an experiment on an old pair of jeans since he would only wear them around the house. The man continually surprises me. Of course, he hasn’t actually worn them yet! At this rate that patch will last forever! Good thing because I have to tell you – two layers of denim (in some places three!) is not easy stitching! LOL!