Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Schematic

Today I played with programmable stitches on my sewing machine.

PA230004

I divided a piece of fabric into four sections and did a little bit of a different collection of stitches in each.  There are so many stitches on my Bernina that the hardest part was limiting myself to these four sections!

PA230005

I made a couple of grids and stitched some single motifs in one of them.  I plan to do some hand work in the other grid.

PA230007

Then I tried different weights of thread and different stitches.

PA230008

There are some interesting stitches available . . . some of which I wonder what I could ever use them for!  Oh – I know!  A sampler like – well – like this one!  LOL!

PA230006

But I did discover a few stitches that I know will come in handy.  I’m not sure if you can see, but that line about in the center above has two different weights of thread.  The thread broke half way through and I decided to try a different one.  It makes for a good way to compare the threads.

This was one of the easier projects in this book, but it has given me quite a bit to think about.   At first glance you might think these stitches are fairly conventional, but I am beginning to see how I can use them in a not so conventional way to create something unique.  I have started on another piece so I can try some of my ideas.  Hopefully there will be more to show you soon.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Hmm. In the past I've always scoffed at people who talk about doing embroidery by machine. That's not REAL embroidery, I said. But with the arthritis getting worse, I might just bite the bullet and get one of those dang machines...